Ayurvedic Medicine For Stress And Depression
Ayurvedic medicine for stress and Depression :- It is caused due to the wear and tear that mind and body experiences, as we attempt to cope with the continually changing environment.
According to Ayurveda “stress, anxiety and depression are disorders of rajas.” Rajas represent passion or undirected activity; it’s one of three universal qualities, or gunas. According to Ayurvedic texts, too much rajas shows up in the mind as attachment, craving, and desire—by their nature, these impulses can’t be satisfied and therefore create a negative psychological disposition
Our environment is changing drastically every day and sometimes it gets difficult to cope with the challenges that life throws at us.
Growing competition, globalization, job insecurity, financial issues, interpersonal relationships and conflicts are just a few of the various problems we face almost every day. Frequent and long term exposure to such problems may lead to such problems.
Factors contributing to these conditions are:
1. Physical factors for stress : Faulty diet, improper eating habits
2. Psychological: Tension of achieving goals, disturbing behavior of others, perceived insults, cheating, anger etc.
3. Environmental or psycho-social : Climatic conditions, commuting, traffic jams, pollution, etc. which is not in our control
4. Also some of the personality traits are responsible for stress. Type A(time urgency, impatience, aggressiveness) personalities are more prone to stress.
How ayurvedic medicine for stress and depression help you to keep away from depression and stress ?
We must understand that the mind is a very complex system so there is no single magical remedy to cure disorders of the mind. And if there is one, it will probably cause many dangers to the heart, nervous system and internal organs.
Disorders like Stress, tension, depression , nervousness, anxiety, insomnia etc. can be only treated with the help of proper medication, counseling and a healthy life style.
Because ultimately, a healthy body gives a healthy mind!
1. Counseling: Perhaps, it is even more important than medication. Because, counseling teaches the patient to make permanent positive and effective changes from the inside out, helping them to become more independent and self reliant, and therefore more confident. Thus it is less likely to relapse.
2. Ayurvedic medicine for stress and depression :- , the herbs jatamansi, Sarpagandha, Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Vacha & shankapushpi are prescribed in conditions of a disturbed mind.
They strengthen the nervous system so that the body can handle added levels of tension and stress and restore normal mental condition.
• Ashwagandha– It strengthens the brain.
• Sarpagandha. -Helps to control blood pressure, induces sleep.
• Jatamansi-gives stability to the brain functioning.
• Vacha– Memory enhancer. Helps to increase recall ability or recall memory.
• Brahmi-In Ayurveda it is called medyarasayana.It enhances concentration. Revitalises brain cells and gives soothing effect on the nervous system.
Sharangdhar Brenkam contains the above said herbs in right proportion and combination making it an extremely effective, safe and natural remedy for conditions like Stress, tension, depression , nervousness and sleep disorders.
3. Health maintenance & Exercise: Health maintenance by well-balanced diet. Exercise like regular jogging, swimming or cycling helps in controlling the physical symptoms.
4. Relaxation training: A combination of pranayama and yogic exercise induces relaxation and reduces physiological as well as psychological tensions
5. Other remedies: Simple but useful techniques for coping with stress include reading, pursuing hobbies, sharing problems with friends, counting numbers in reverse order immediately relaxes us because it helps to divert the attention from frustrating situation.
Written by- Mr.Kiran Abhyankar