10 summer health tips by Ayurveda !!
Summer Health Tips
According to Ayurveda, summer represents the following qualities like hot, sharp and penetrating. That is why our pitta dosha , which is the subtle energy that controls our metabolism including digestion and can cause our body to over heat ; flares up when the external temperature/environmental temperature rises so it is very important to know the dos and donts and these summer health tips will definitely help you .
Due to imbalance / increase in the pitta dosha , it results in sunburns, hot flashes, exhaustion, acne and even in some cases disturbed stomach . Emotionally also pitta dosha imbalance can manifest as anger, jealously , irritability and impatience.
Try the following summer health tips to keep you cool for all the season long:
- Stay hydrated- Add extra pinch of salt in your diet to compensate sweating and to prevent fatigue and drink plenty of water to feel energetic.
- Eat cooling foods like leafy greens, coconut, cucumber, watermelon and few dairy products like yogurt, ghee, milk.
- Avoid hot and spicy food, avoid alcohol, chillies and caffeine.
- Rub aloe vera gel on your skin to avoid sunburns and for cooling and soothing your skin.
- Moisturize your skin daily using a mixture of castor oil and coconut oil to make your skin supple, soft and cool.
- Choose cooling exercise : Swimming is the best exercise for soothing pitta dosha. Also an occasional moonlight walk is especially soothing for pitta- ruffled emotions. This summer health tip is unique to Ayurveda!
- In Ayurveda , the Rose is renowned for its powerful cooling effect on the physiology. The roses increase soma- the cooling energy element to counter Agni –the heating energy. Thus rose petals in the form of any formulation can be used for cooling action of our body.
- Stress and overwork aggravates the symptoms and overheating effects of summer thus devote some time for meditation and for relaxing your mind and body which is the most important in these summer health tips.
- Mint has a cooling , refreshing and astringent effects on the skin and is helpful in relaxing your mind. Thus apply paste of dried leaves of mint on to your body for soothing effect.
Avoid strenuous exercises and avoid going out in the afternoon when the heat is at its peak.
Beat the heat with Sharangdhar’s KOOLKAND
As suggested by IMD ( Indian Meteorological Department) , there is a possibility of severe heat wave in coming days resulting in rise in temperature up to 42 degrees Celsius. According to statistical analysis there is an increase in average temperature of 1 degree in 4 years from 2013 to 2017 which is a sufficient increase to cause severe health issues. Thus to protect yourself from this heat wave , SHARANGDHAR’S KOOLKAND is the best solution.
During summer, the internal body heat is aggravated and people suffer from various health problems like rash, irritation of eyes , acidity, burning sensation of hands and legs , fatigue, dehydration. According to Ayurveda, it is the Pitta or the internal body heat that allows body metabolism to function properly. When pitta dosha occurs, the body heat suddenly increases resulting in disrupted metabolism and chemical imbalance of the body. It is accompanied with acne, rash, fatigue, dehydration, irritability, disturbed stomach. Thus ayurvedic treatment is recommended as it goes to the root level and helps to reduce the internal body heat by balancing the Pitta dosha.
SHARANGDHAR’S KOOLKAND , an Ayurvedic product consists of Rose petals, Tulsi seeds, Sabja seeds, Menthol and sugar which reduces the body heat by reducing the Pitta dosha and keeps you cool. Koolkand is natural coolent, Pitta shamak and energizer. It also reduces acidity and related problems. Thus Koolkand is highly recommended. It is available in dry and granular form and hence easy to carry and consume. It can be consumed as it is or with water or with milk.