Piles symptoms commonly seen
Piles or ‘Arsh’ as referred to in ayurveda can be classified into 3 types based on the symptoms commonly seen in this condition:
To a patient, difference between piles symptoms and those of fistula and fissures can be quite confusing. So it is very important to know the difference between Piles symptoms, fissures and fistula. However, all three are caused by the same reasons and thus, treatment for all remains the same.
- Malavashtam: Difficulty in passing stools or passing hard stool or constipation
- Shotha: Inflammation(swelling) of anal region.
- Shoola: Pain in anal region
- Mansankura: Small fleshy growth on the rectal wall or around the anus
- Daha: Burning sensation at anal region
- Rakta strava: Bleeding from the anus. This piles symptom may or may not occur in all individuals. Generally it occurs at the time of defecation and should be addressed immediately as it may lead to aneamia.
Fistula is caused by infected path from skin to the anus. Thus, some of the symptoms remain similar to piles symptoms, while some are different.
Following are symptoms seen in fistula:
- Pitika: Boils at anal region.
- Shoola: Throbbing, constant pain
- Pu tatha rakta strava: Sometimes, there is discharge of pus & blood from the boils.
- Kandu: Itching of anal region.
An anal fissure is a small tear in the thin, moist tissue (mucosa) that lines the anus. An anal fissure may occur when you pass hard or large stools during a bowel movement.
Following are symptoms seen in fissures:
- Parikartika: This is the most distinguishing fissure symptom from other types of piles symptoms. It involves development of small cracks in the skin around the anal opening.
- Shoola: Pain
- Daha: Burning
- Rakta strava: Bleeding
In ayurveda, herbs like Trikatu(sunth + miri + pippali) , Surankanda, Nagakeshara, Shuddha guggul and trivrutta are prescribed for the treatment of root cause of piles and have shown excellent results in millions of patients for centuries!
Please call Sharangdhar Doctor’s health line on 95 95 100 500 to avail FREE AYURVEDIC CONSULTATION by our ayurveda experts panel and discuss any health issue!